Thursday, January 19, 2012

How long is the grace period after license plate tabs have expired in MN?

My tabs expired yesterday - is it okay to drive my car? I just found out i can buy tabs online and have them sent to me, but that can take a week. I have difficulty getting to the DMV during their open hours. I think the grace period is 10 days, but I'm not sure and I can't find the info on the website.How long is the grace period after license plate tabs have expired in MN?
none. You had all month to get those.How long is the grace period after license plate tabs have expired in MN?
There is NO "grace period"! If you buy tabs on line and get stopped before they arrive, a police officer may check the computer base to see that you really did purchase them, but then you are depending on that fact having been entered into the system, which is not always a safe bet. It would be safer not to drive until you get the tabs. Again, NO GRACE PERIOD!How long is the grace period after license plate tabs have expired in MN?
The grace period is zero. You'll have to pay the late fee(written on the renewal paper).



After you have paid and waiting for the tab, if a cop stops you, they can look up if you have paid already or at least you can say that you have paid and waiting for the tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment