Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to remove the affidavit of non-use previously filed with DMV in California?

I spent a few months travelling abroad, and before leaving US, I filed the "non-use" form with DMV and cancelled the insurance coverage for my car. Now I'm back and I really need to drive my car tomorrow. I arranged the insurance today, which becomes effective tomorrow 12:01 AM, however when I tried to remove the "non-use" status via DMV web-site, I received an error message, apparently because DMV doesn't have the information about my insurance yet. I was told that by the insurance company that it can take up to 48 hours for DMV to process the information on new policies. So, seems like I will hit the road before I'm able to remove that non-use form. Does anyone know what happens if I got pulled over by police? I guess it's illegal, but since I do have proper insurance, it shouldn't be a great problem, should it?How to remove the affidavit of non-use previously filed with DMV in California?
Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment