Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm visiting a friend and lost my license, and now I have to drive 4 hours back home. ?

I am 4 hours away from home and somehow managed to lose my license. Does anyone know what I can do just in case I get pulled over? The DMV is already closed for the day though.|||yes relax these things happen, all you can do is drive home, keep in mind, the officer can check your record on his computer, So do not speed, and this is the time to be super attentive about your driving and you should have no problem. All you can do is tell the truth, and when the officer checks your driving record, he will know what he is going to do already anyhow. When I was younger, I had 23 driving on a suspended license tickets in the 70s I went into court one time and the judge read a list of prior offenses which added to the fine if the tickets were within a 3 year period. (I used to throw my tickets out the window after the cop left) and that was not counting the 17 tickets that dropped off in the fourth year. A driving on a suspended license was not that big of deal back then, and the cops in the small town I lived in, wrote traffic tickets as a form of harassment to us long hairs.

And if you are not some high school stoner throwback from happy days the worst that will happen is a kind of fix it ticket. You go get your license, show it to a court official, get the ticket signed off, pay a small fine, and you are done. good luck, don't worry about it, but get license replaced asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment