Sunday, January 1, 2012

Help? DMV won't answer the phone and I don't have five hours to wait for one question?

I live in Rhode Island (because I am a fool). Supposedly my car needs $1100 dollars of "repairs" to pass a safety inspection... (I wish an emissions test really was just an emissions test- the car runs fine, and I have never had a problem with it. but anyway i'm on a tangent.) The mechanic has read me the riot act and apparently if i don't pay up to get my car "fixed" in the next thirty days the state will revoke my license and my registrations for not only this car but my other car as well. I will not be bullied by the man! I am hoping to turn in my license plates at the DMV and simply sell the car or park it in the garage. Is either option legal? I have called the DMV several times and have waited more than AN HOUR on hold only to be cut off eventually. I went to the DMV and my ticket said I would have to wait five hours. Should I complain to someone? Not that it would do me any good. I feel extremely frustrated and disgusted with the wonderful system here.|||Your mechanic is a liar. A lying liar that lies.


The state will not revoke your license. They will not revoke the registration for your other cars.





Most states have a provision where if you spend $200 towards repairs and it still doesn't pass emissions, they will waive it.





Are you sure you live in the USA? Sounds like China to me.





What is the year, make, and model? What is the list of repairs needed?|||Unless you are prepared to get another mechanic to testify in court that this mechanic cheated you, there really isn't a whole lot you can do in this case. You got a service, you need to pay for it. Even if you get rid of the car, that doesn't release you from paying for the mechanic's service.|||First thing you should do is go to another mechanic - sounds like the first one wasnt on the level with you.





As for the long wait at the DMV, its the same way in most every other state too - bring a book with ya|||No one will buy the car until it is repaired.





Parking it in the garage will not keep the DMV from suspending your license.|||You should just go to another place and see if they are being cheap and charging you extra. Then, if not, SELL THEM!|||"I feel extremely frustrated and disgusted with the wonderful system here."





And I'm sure they feel the same. The reason that they are taking so long, is because there's thousands of other people, all like you, wanting to whine and complain and fix something about their vehicle's status.





Don't blame the system. Blame all the other people who have a car, just like you do. If everyone took care of things like they should, there wouldn't be nearly as many people in the DMV.

No comments:

Post a Comment