Sunday, January 1, 2012

After payoff the car loan, which fields do I have to fill out on the title before send it to DMV?

I just paid off the car loan, and the loan company sent the title to me, and it arraived at my home yesterday.





I plan sending it to DMV 72 hour-processing center with payment of fee.


Do I have to fill out or sign on any fields on the title before sending it to 72 hour-processing center? Or, do I just simply send it w/ fee to the center?|||Just call the DMV and ask. That said, you really don't need to do that. You have a clear title in hand, just lock it away in a safe place.|||Why would you want to send your title to the dmv?


It should already be in your name? The only thing I believe you need to do is go to the county courthouse to get the lien removed.|||Call your DMV and ask.|||you only sign the back if you are transferring the car to someone else's name or if you plan to trade it in or sell it later I don't know what state that you are in, because some states will send the title as you are paying it off the with the bank's info on it and then when you pay it off you will get a lien release letter and then an amended title that doesn't have the bank info and it will say no liens recorded right on the title if you are not sure call dmv and ask them|||Since you are using the term "DMV" I assume California, although you never mentioned a state. It does depend on what state you live in. When a vehicle is paid off, the loan company should send you a release that you would use to take their name off the title. You, as registered owner, should have already had the title, with their name on as lien holder. In every state I'm aware of, the lender has a right to be named as lien holder, but not to hold the title itself.





At any rate, take the release and the title to the DMV and ask. Take a good book to read as you wait in the never ending line.

No comments:

Post a Comment